FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ex-3 eyepiece and viewfinder - where to buy?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony Faulkner
Ex-3 eyepiece and viewfinder - where to buy?
on Aug 29, 2012 at 9:14:20 am

Somehow somewhere I lost the eyepiece to my EX3. The part that connects to the LCD viewfinder.

I can't seem to find it online anywhere?

Having trouble navigating the sony Japan site!!

If anyone knows a vendor please let me know!

Thanks

Anthony

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Ex-3 eyepiece and viewfinder - where to buy?
on Aug 29, 2012 at 3:33:05 pm

Replacement part # for the rubber eye cup is 387820801. Replacement part # for the Loupe (the magnifier between the eye cup and the box that goes over the LCD) is 178876611. You can order online at http://www.sony.com/servicesplus or by calling Sony Parts at 800 538 7550. These are classified as parts, not accessories, so you have to go through the Parts dept to get them..

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Aug 30, 2012 at 10:07:25 pm

Ian, I'm in the UK and have been trying to improve the image of the screen on my EX 1. Ideally I'd like the EX 3 with the Loupe but I prefer the EX 1, Can I purchase a Loupe and is there a way to fix it on to the screen as with the EX 3?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 30, 2012 at 10:15:36 pm

if you're asking if there's a way to use the EX3 loupe on the EX1, no, this isn't really possible. the EX3 has a loupe over the LCD screen because the viewfinder is the LCD screen. the EX1 has a separate EVF.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Aug 31, 2012 at 4:26:19 pm

Yes but Ian, you know in your heart of hearts how useless the EVF is for anything other than framing the shot. Would that Sony had fitted a good quality finder, even if it was in black and white as the old DSR 300 had. I know it would increase the price but this compromise is doing no one any favours.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]