FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 clips are way onger on time line

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tushar patel
EX3 clips are way onger on time line
on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:54:17 am

I imported the EX3 clips from copied card on my hard drive. the length of the clips is 1 hour and 36 min ( all clips are part of one clip captured on ex3) on time line it shows total of 12 plus hours. any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: EX3 clips are way onger on time line
on Aug 20, 2012 at 2:32:11 pm

What NLE are you using?

You said you captured these clips, capturing is when you use the camera as a deck and connect it to a capture software that re-encodes the video signal to a new digital codec. If this is what you did this could be your issue.

If you transferred the clips from the camera in their native state you need to look at your sequence setting from your NLE

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Bala Chandran
on Aug 20, 2012 at 10:14:24 pm

When you dragged them to the timeline there must have been some repeats, if your recording was non-stop for long duration. Delete duplicates from the timeline and you will end up with the correct length.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Aug 20, 2012 at 10:19:51 pm

[Bala Chandran] "When you dragged them to the timeline there must have been some repeats,"

In FCP 7 that happens a lot, actually. You just have to be vigilant as to the length of what you're dropping in and delete any repeats.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Bala Chandran
on Aug 21, 2012 at 11:09:38 pm

Same deal in PPro too when you drag and drop to the timeline! I guess the problem stems from the way EX breaks up the shoot every 3.38 gigs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]