FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making EX1R Clips readable by PC

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Making EX1R Clips readable by PC
on Aug 16, 2012 at 4:28:45 am

I use Sony's Log and Transfer for FCP to import my EX1R's files into FCP. Works great. But now I need to supply clips to another editor who is using Liquid Chrome (a discontinued AVID NLE) on a PC.

I don't have Liquid Chrome, or any NLE on a PC, in-house. But I do have Premiere Pro on my Mac as well as FCP. Is there a workflow that would yield files which the PC-using editor could use? He has to jump through hoops to use my ProRes 422 /EXCAM codec footage.

Thanks.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Making EX1R Clips readable by PC
on Aug 17, 2012 at 4:48:19 am

[Bob Cole] "But now I need to supply clips to another editor who is using Liquid Chrome (a discontinued AVID NLE) on a PC."

Is this person a hobbyist? Is the editor going to be working on an SD or an HD project? If it's SD you can transcode your clips to DV NTSC anamorphic or DV50 Anamorphic and he/she should be able to read those. If it's an HD project ask what codecs he CAN work with. You need to find a common format. See if his NLE can work with DVCProHD. And remind him that if he wants to continue working with modern day formats he'll have to upgrade to a present day NLE.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]