FORUMS: list search recent posts

Super camera

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerard Richardson
Super camera
on Aug 11, 2012 at 7:13:59 pm

I just filmed a music video 2 weeks ago using the Sony EX3 and it was an awesome shoot, but one thing I don't like about this camera is how hard it is to get my hands on the SxS cards and readers, is it that this type of media is becoming obsolete or what? Once I am finished editing I will post the video for critique. Thanks ahead!

Gerard "Gripp" Richardson

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
Re: Super camera
on Aug 11, 2012 at 9:52:41 pm

SxS cards are no harder to find than P2. It's a professional form of media so you can't just walk into Walmart or Best Buy to get them. SxS is going strong and is Sony's preferred media with new SxS cameras like the PMW100 and PMW200 recently hitting the market. Because they are professional, they are expensive. Go to http://www.bhphotovideo.com and you'll find everything you need.

Return to posts index

Gerard Richardson
on Aug 12, 2012 at 6:14:04 am

Thanks brother!

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Aug 15, 2012 at 6:12:35 pm

When the earthquake hit Japan, it created a shortage of tech related products including cameras and media cards. But there should be plenty of SxS cards by now. Check B & H.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Gerard Richardson
on Aug 16, 2012 at 12:34:23 am

Thanks Brent, It was my first time using the Sony EX3 camera and I was put in kind of a rush mode for new cards. Gratefully everything turned out smooth and we had a awesome shoot. I just know now how important it is to pre-pare and pre-plan for a production.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]