FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing part of the footage, timecode ok

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zbigniew brzezinski
Missing part of the footage, timecode ok
on Jul 28, 2012 at 3:49:11 pm

Hello

after importing the clips from my ex3 through XDCAM transfer I've noticed that a short part of the clip is missing. I shoot continuously for 2.5h and ended up with 3 files, two of which don't connect seamlessly. The timecode in/out of all 3 clips align perfectly though. Does anyone have an idea of what could've happened? I assume nothing can be done at this stage anymore, but I would love to be proven wrong, since it's an important file

thanks for any advice,
regards,
zb

Return to posts index

Chris Lambert
Re: Missing part of the footage, timecode ok
on Jul 29, 2012 at 5:05:13 pm

Was the original card formatted to FAT? It has a maximum size of 4gb's a file or about 20min of footage so you may have ended up with split clip (a symbol should appear to denote that). If you import directly off the card via XDCAM Browser, or clipbrowser rather than transfer as that rewraps the files to a .mov rather therefore preserving the original file structure then hopefully everything you shot should appear as one file.

Return to posts index

zbigniew brzezinski
Re: Missing part of the footage, timecode ok
on Jul 29, 2012 at 5:51:44 pm

Thanks for your response. I actually did as you said and I have the files as MXFs. We did a lot of shooting and only the footage from one day has these problems, so it must be something else.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]