FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 and monitors.

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Cranston
EX3 and monitors.
on Jul 26, 2012 at 3:04:24 pm

Hi, long term listener, first time caller... well you get me i hope!

anyway onto my problem... i have a sony ex3 here that i am trying to link unto an external monitor, except the company i work for tries to save money at every available opportunity and also seems to have disposed of anything that may have been useful at some point in the past... this leaves me trying to use a tv or a computer monitor as an external monitor. Everything I've read online points to the fact that this is do-able, what I've read in the manual doesn't lead me to believe otherwise and basically I've now spent half a day trying to figure this out with no luck... WHY?

using a 70 ohm coax cable out of the ex3 into a coax-vga converter going into the monitor or the tav via vga in and coming up with no signal. the coax from the camera is coming out the sdi and the normal monitor out ports, on monday when i get back to the office I'm going to bring a composite cable from home and see if it works, but as i keep finding out there are many adapter plugs all for the same thing...

if anyone can help please leave me a message before sunday eve as on monday ill will have either go it sorted with your help or turned round to my bosses and told them not to be such cheap skates and to rent out a monitor, which would be cheaper than the time they have paid me to try and sort this solution out... lol? i don't know...

Cheers

James

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
Re: EX3 and monitors.
on Jul 26, 2012 at 5:30:57 pm

I have the same problem with a Texas client as I have a EX 3 also....so what I have done is to take out of my kitchen, the 22" LG Hi Def TV, as it has a component input and hook it up to the supplied component cable that came with the camera. But I do this went I can take it to location in my van.... as I do need to find a smaller HD Tv that has all the inputs for travel.

HTH.....

Return to posts index

Bala Chandran
on Jul 26, 2012 at 9:42:03 pm

I use a Vizio 19" TV with component input. Works rather well in the field, of course indoors.

Return to posts index

James Cranston
on Jul 27, 2012 at 8:10:16 am

thankyou guys. if i can find a component cable that will work ill do that, its annoying that i cant find it at work but i reckon i got one at home.

if that doesnt work are there any other ideas though?

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
on Jul 27, 2012 at 8:28:04 pm

any R-G-B cable will work, most TV stores will have them in stock...good luck

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>