FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Clip Browser

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Jones
Sony Clip Browser
on Jul 24, 2012 at 6:10:16 pm

Does anyone know a quick way to just look at a BPAV folder and see how many clips are in that directory through the clip browser? Just want to be able to confirm that I have successfully duplicated that folder to a second backup.

Thanks,
-mj

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Sony Clip Browser
on Jul 24, 2012 at 6:22:12 pm

In one of the Explorer windows on the left, navigate to the folder containing the archive/copy. Once Browser sees the folder it should place an EX overlay on it (identifying it as a folder with EX clips) and display the contents of the archive just as it would from an SxS card.

Return to posts index

Michael Jones
on Jul 24, 2012 at 8:07:07 pm

That sounds like a PC feature... I'm Mac OS. I moused around and did not see anything pop up. I just want to see that I have 43 clips in that folder at a glance.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jul 24, 2012 at 8:10:32 pm

No, it's the same for both versions on either OS. It's really the best way to QC a copy as you will see actual thumbnails and video instead of just a list of files. If you want to see the copy at the filesystem level go to [Folder name]/BPAV/CLPR. Each folder inside CLPR represents a clip (the folders inside CLPR contain the .mp4-wrapped video file and related sidecar files)

Return to posts index

Michael Jones
on Jul 24, 2012 at 8:19:50 pm

OK, maybe I'm missing something. When I have a ton of clips and sometimes I like to combine cards into one BPAV through Clip Browser. That way all the clips are in one folder. Then when making a backup I want to make sure ALL the number of clips match. The only way I see the number is when I make a "copy all" action. Alternatively, I want to see quickly within CB, see how many actual clips are there. Just a simple number of clips.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jul 24, 2012 at 8:29:04 pm

Go to the folder, select all and look at the bottom of the thumbnail/details area. It will always show how many clips are currently selected so when you do a CTRL+A you'll see the total # of files. See bottom of image below..

Return to posts index

Michael Jones
on Jul 24, 2012 at 8:38:56 pm

That's It! Thank you sir! I knew it had to be somewhere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]