FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Vanishing Clips

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Blackburn
XDCAM Vanishing Clips
on Jul 4, 2012 at 10:49:51 pm

Hello,

I have just finished filming and returned to back up the my 32GB Original SxS Card from my EX3

There appears to me 2 clips from the start of the day are missing.

I checked the BPAV folder structure and the clips start CAM_0003_01 onwards, Missing 0001 and 0002

I ran a quick scan using Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery software which revealed the missing folders but with no video files inside them.

Do you imagine that the footage is on this card somewhere and do you think sending the card off to professional data recovery company would be worth trying?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCAM Vanishing Clips
on Jul 5, 2012 at 5:23:01 pm

Any idea how this happened? It's beyond unusual for files to simply disappear. Was anything accidentally moved to the trash and then restored? If you're sure of what you're seeing the Sony Media Services group may be able to help, but if there are no .mp4s the prognosis is not good.. I'd call the US tech support group first to make sure nothing else can be done-- 800 883 6817. If you want to post some screenshots of what you're seeing in Finder vs what you're seeing in your recovery software I may be able to offer more suggestions..

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jul 6, 2012 at 6:54:12 am

James, this is a really long shot but do you have one of the EX3's programmable buttons set up to "delete last clip" and activated it by mistake? Twice?

As it has already been pointed out, it's very unusual for a clip to disappear and I've never had this happen to me. I've seen a corrupt clip (once) but that's it.

http://www.aeroquartet.com/movierepair/download.html

The link above will take you to a software company that specializes in file recovery for XDCAM.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Chris Lambert
on Jul 28, 2012 at 7:15:13 pm

Ran into this very problem today, first time i've ever seen it in nearly 3yr's of using the camera. should have been at least two clips from a take but after ejecting the card and putting it in the mac nothing appeared apart from the clips that were already on there.

Is it worth taking in for a service? I was lucky in that this was a tv pilot and was able to spot the shot was awol and repeat the shot straight away but a lot of the work i do is weddings which could have a significantly worse result.

Return to posts index

James Blackburn
on Jul 28, 2012 at 11:00:56 pm

I sent my card off to Sony in the end and there was nothing they could do to save the clip. I'm still very confused by this problem. I'm just hoping it never happens again. Sorry I cant give any better news.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]