FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio recording problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Levie
Audio recording problem
on Jun 19, 2012 at 8:28:16 pm

Thanks for your advice in advance! I'm an editor and I've received some EX-3 footage with an audio problem.

There were a lot of two-person interviews and the DP says both subjects were miked and one was sent to A1/A3 and the other to A2/A4 (it was not recorded dual-system and there was no audio recordist.)

The audio on A1 is perfect. The overall levels on A2 are fine, but the voice is very low and the ambience very high. It sounds, frankly, like a camera mic.

I've listened to the footage in Avid MC 6 and Premiere PPro 6. Both apps let me view the native files, so I can't blame the compression to an intermediate codec.

Before I go back and ask for more specific details of what the setup was I thought I'd post here and see if there was a chance I'd made some enormous mistake. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Audio recording problem
on Jun 19, 2012 at 9:37:39 pm

It doesn't sound like a mistake on your part. It does, however, sound like a mistake on the part of the shooter. If channel 2 sounds like an on-camera mic recording then that's probably how it was recorded. Person one had a lav and person 2 did not. I record interviews all the time and 2 lavs for 2 interviewees is the only way it makes sense.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]