FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PMW F3 -- Transferring Footage -- Drag and Drop or XD-CAM Browser?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sagar Desai
Sony PMW F3 -- Transferring Footage -- Drag and Drop or XD-CAM Browser?
on Jun 12, 2012 at 11:56:54 am

I will be working on a shoot using the Sony PMW-F3 and I wanted to know if I'm transferring an SxS Card to multiple hard drives...Is the Drag and Drop Method safe to use? or should I use the XD-CAM Browser to transfer and back up the footage? Also, can I use the XD-Cam Browser to transfer a card to multiple drives at once?

I know Sony states that they'd prefer folks to use the XD-CAM Browser when copying and backing up footage. But just want to see if drag and drop works and is safe?

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
Re: Sony PMW F3 -- Transferring Footage -- Drag and Drop or XD-CAM Browser?
on Jun 12, 2012 at 5:36:05 pm

Been the topic of much debate..!!

As I was told XDCAM Browser won't do multiple destinations.. many people think drag and drop is not the most secure way..

If you really need the multiple destinations at the same time I would recommend Shotput pro.. $99 but a small price for peace of mind and convenience ..

Return to posts index

Mark Brown
Re: Sony PMW F3 -- Transferring Footage -- Drag and Drop or XD-CAM Browser?
on Jun 14, 2012 at 7:09:17 am

Better yet Adobe Production Suite CS6 has Prelude which copies BPAV files to multiple drives with file checking. Been using this workflow without any problems. If you edit in Premiere this is a powerful bonus considering it's logging features which rival CatDV.
Kuhnen

Mark Brown
InterMountain Digital
MacPro quad. Premiere Pro CS6
Matrox mini MAX. Former FCP7 editor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]