FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW-EX1 Firmware Upgrade v1.05->1.11->1.20

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ry Tullis
PMW-EX1 Firmware Upgrade v1.05->1.11->1.20
on Jun 6, 2012 at 5:51:51 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for some DIY help upgrading my firmware with a MacBookPro operating on 10.6.8

I have been unable to find firmware packages avail for download online, except for one posted here: http://pro.sony-asia.com/support/download/384518

but based on what I have read it seems I must first upgrade to 1.11 and then from there to 1.20

I have to get this upgraded for a job next week. I'd really appreciate any help with this!

Thanks in advance,

rytullis

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: PMW-EX1 Firmware Upgrade v1.05->1.11->1.20
on Jun 6, 2012 at 6:27:20 pm

You can't upgrade from that version. You actually need to be at 1.13 or higher to upgrade yourself. It's technically possible from 1.11 but officially discouraged because of how the updates work and what gets installed with each one. You should call and arrange to have it sent in and upgraded when time permits. The EX1/3 firmware has been taken down from the US web sites and can only be legitimately obtained (i.e. from the U.S. Sony Sales company, not from Sony UK, Canada etc) by calling the tech support office and telling them that you are at 1.13 or higher (EX1) or 1.05 or higher.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]