FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCam Transfer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maggie Thistle
XDCam Transfer
on Jun 3, 2012 at 1:43:22 am

Hi,

I'm using XDCam TRansfer for the first time and I have a couple of questions. At the moment, I'm importing the clips into Final Cut. I can only highlight a few clips at a time as when I try to import all the clips a warning appears saying something about wrong file types. Am I doing something wrong?

I have 3 jobs to edit and need to import clips for each job. So I'd like to clear the files from the previous job from the source window in XDCam Transfer. At the moment, I'm highlighting them and clicking remove but a box appears for every clip asking if I want to clear the cache files also. This means I have to sit through hundreds of clips, having to click ok. Is there another way to remove all the clips from my source window?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XDCam Transfer
on Jun 3, 2012 at 4:30:35 am

[Maggie Thistle] "At the moment, I'm highlighting them and clicking remove but a box appears for every clip asking if I want to clear the cache files also."

Don't try to remove each clip separately in the middle window. Go to the left side of the screen (source window) where the folders are listed. Right or control click on one of the folders and choose REMOVE from the pop-up menu. Click OK from the ARE YOU SURE prompt and the folder will be deleted along with all the clips in the middle window that are associated with that folder.

[Maggie Thistle] " I can only highlight a few clips at a time as when I try to import all the clips a warning appears saying something about wrong file types."

Just a question first. Is your original media recorded on SXS or SDHC? I've never seen an issue where the non-optimized media warning has come up. Once one of the folders in the source window is highlighted all the clip icons appear in the main top window. All I do to import all clips is to highlight one then choose SELECT ALL or Cmd -A. all the clips should become selected then just choose IMPORT at the bottom right of the main window.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Jun 5, 2012 at 6:20:27 pm

You need to install the Log and Transfer plugin. This will bring in the files and encode them to the proper ProRes format. It sounds like you are trying to edit the original file format, which doesn't work well in Final Cut.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jun 5, 2012 at 10:35:45 pm

[Brent Dunn] " This will bring in the files and encode them to the proper ProRes format."

You mean change them to an MOV wrapper, right Brent? It will still be XDCAM EX format, not Pro Res.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]