FORUMS: list search recent posts

Large Sensor Camera Test 2012

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Espen Fyksen
Large Sensor Camera Test 2012
on May 22, 2012 at 4:20:53 pm

We are a group of people in Norway who have tested Canon C300 and 5D Mark III, Nikon D4 and D800, Sony F3 and FS 100. If you are interested to read about the results, please visit

http://largesensor.com/

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Large Sensor Snob Test 2012
on May 22, 2012 at 4:50:56 pm

What a bunch of BS this test is. It is ridiculous to start a sensor snob website.

The FS100 has the same sensor as the F3 and somehow they rank it far above the the F3.

I love this quote from their site, "I’m not claiming in any way that this test is telling the truth or whole story about this cameras",

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Espen Fyksen
Re: Large Sensor Snob Test 2012
on May 22, 2012 at 8:29:27 pm

Hi Michael, interesting that you find the test snobbish, I wouldn't thought of that reaction :-)

I'm very aware that FS 100 and F3 have the same sensor, that was why I was quite surprised myself that the FS 100 were doing better in the tests we did. But the signal processing in the two cameras are different, and this can make a lot of difference. For instance, the FS100 has equal to ISO 800 at 0 dB gain, and the F3 has 400, so the engineers at Sony has obviously taken some different choices on these two cameras when it comes to what happens after the sensor. That is also obvious from the specs, FS100 has 8 bit signal processing, while F3 has 10 bit.

We encourage people to make up their own opinion based on the material you can download from the site.

Good luck to you as well :-)
Espen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]