FORUMS: list search recent posts

problems reading certain files from my sxs card

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Kumar
problems reading certain files from my sxs card
on May 20, 2012 at 7:20:36 am

Hi guys,

i was doing a pre-wedding shoot with my sony ex3 camera.

was using an 8gb sxs card but when i went to review the footage from the card on my pc, for some reason it's not able to read the last few files but it can read everything else (all the prior clips on the card).

i can view these files in my camera and even in my next-to-di hardrive but for some reason when i connect the drive or the camera to my computer, the bpav folders don't seem to show up for the last few clips.

i've also tried to read the files in another computer but problem is still there.

any ideas what it could be?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: problems reading certain files from my sxs card
on May 21, 2012 at 2:03:02 pm

What are you viewing on, i.e. what software? Latest version of Browser or Transfer? Do you see anything for these clips (thumbnails, errors)?

Just a stab in the dark since I don't know much about the issue but have you tried manually importing the clips using Browser to rebuild the BPAV and metadata?

Return to posts index

Dean Kumar
Re: problems reading certain files from my sxs card
on May 22, 2012 at 2:47:34 pm

Hi,

i have managed to sort the problem out.

usually i just connect the sxs card or harddrive to my pc and open the folder to view the files. i usually preview them in vlc media player before dragging them individually to my timeline.

but i couldn't see the actual files for the last few clips that i shot because they must have been partially corrupted (maybe due to a bad cluster in my sxs card when recording).

i think the reason i couldn't see them in my pc is because it reads the files differently to how the camera or the harddrive reads files and the slightest problem with a file makes it incapable of being read by the computer.

my friend took a look at it and dragged the whole bpav folder into his final cut pro timeline. you could then view the files because the editing software reads the files in a similar way to the camera.

thanks for the help anyway : )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]