FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDcam EX Clip Browser for Win

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Crenshaw
XDcam EX Clip Browser for Win
on May 15, 2012 at 6:59:35 pm

Hello all,
I have a new PMW-350 that shipped with CDs which are XDcam not EX...for the PMW-500 I'm assuming. When I go to Sony's website to download the EX clip browser, I fill out the form and every time I submit, it says a technical error has occured, please try again later. But doesn't say what error. This has been going on for days.

Does anyone have a direct link to the download for 2.6 XDcam EX Clip Browser? Or, maybe someone can place the .exe on FTP for me? I'll provide the FTP folder.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDcam EX Clip Browser for Win
on May 15, 2012 at 8:16:30 pm

go to http://www.sony.com/xdcam-downloads. this is the best download resource for all things XDCAM. Clip Browser is being discontinued; it's strongly recommended that you use XDCAM Browser (v 2.1), which is the replacement for CB. in terms of workflow, look, feel etc they are very much alike..

Return to posts index

Mark Crenshaw
on May 15, 2012 at 9:25:53 pm

Thanks Ian!

Return to posts index

Steve Camp
on Oct 23, 2012 at 7:30:37 pm

I cannot get xdcam browser to view mp4 clips on SDHC cards in the NX5. I have downloaded all the drivers, but still no luck.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Oct 24, 2012 at 12:53:19 am

Are you sure your clips are from an NX5? This is an AVCHD camcorder and records .mts files. You wouldn't use XDCAM Browser. You would use Content Management Utility or Content Browser with the appropriate plugin.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/contentbrowser

Note that CB is basically an update of XDCAM Browser with AVCHD support.

Return to posts index

Steve Camp
on Oct 24, 2012 at 1:07:49 pm

I appreciate the guidance Ian. thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]