FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitoring from EX1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Monitoring from EX1
on May 5, 2012 at 9:05:24 pm

I normally use the SDI output from the EX1 to monitor video. We're shooting interviews this week, and the client wants to watch a monitor feed from a separate room. Can I use both the SDI output and the AV output out of the EX! simultaneously? Is that possible. Or do you have any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Monitoring from EX1
on May 5, 2012 at 9:31:01 pm

[Greg Ball] "Can I use both the SDI output and the AV output out of the EX! simultaneously? Is that possible. Or do you have any other suggestions?"

On the original EX1 the component (RGB) and the SDI connections are both hot simultaneously. The A/V (composite) connection is active only by itself. If you have an external on-camera monitor, and it has a pass-through connection on the back then you can also send the video feed to the other room using that.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Dale West
on May 8, 2012 at 10:47:30 am

Greg
As Don says you might try using 2 monitors with at least 1 having SDI loop through but you might also look in the Markerteck catalogue for an SDI splitter. It has 1 in ans 2 outs, it's passive and reasonably priced

Dale West Video
North Miami, FL
305-588-2683
dale@dalewestvideo.tv

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on May 8, 2012 at 2:36:07 pm

Thanks Dale! Good to hear from you. Unfortunately my shoot is in 2 days, so I can't purchase this in time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]