FORUMS: list search recent posts

XD cam copy problem, why this ? someone xplain!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Espinoza Vörö
XD cam copy problem, why this ? someone xplain!
on Apr 20, 2012 at 1:42:47 pm

i got some BPVA from XDCAM via copying through windows browser, then when it was finished, i tried to opened it in avid media composer, and when linkin it with AMA, got the error dialog that says "nothing here" , say what? (i thought) why i cannot link it to avid if everything it is copied to the disk as exactly it is in the XDCAM Memory card ? the internat structure in the folder its the same as in the memory card, and then i tried to run the folder with the clip browser of sony XDCAM, and tells me it cannot read it too. why does this happen ? finally i got to work with the SONY browser and clips but still want to know why i have to do it this way...

it frustrates me because if i have to copy a bunch of XDCAM card folders from one disk to another, it gets boring with the SONY BROWSER, clicking on every little folder to copy it to anotther disk it just tedious.

i know it might be not new this post, but , i cant find the answer either, they are just posting how to fix it, but not explaining why. or maybe i missed it.

please someone help ! XDCAM its lol ing at me :D

thanks!

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XD cam copy problem, why this ? someone xplain!
on Apr 20, 2012 at 6:08:44 pm

Make sure you have the correct AMA plugin for your version of Media Composer. Different versions = different AMAs. You can download them at http://www.sony.com/xdcam-downloads . If Browser sees the card correctly it's unlikely that the card or files are the problem.

Return to posts index

David Espinoza Vörö
on Apr 20, 2012 at 6:42:37 pm

BUT if i cannot read it with Sony clip browser, how can i read it in media composer ? im testing now to download the pluggin but , im not trusted.
letsss seee

Return to posts index

David Espinoza Vörö
on Apr 20, 2012 at 6:50:51 pm

no , it does not work this ... next try... follow the clue, "AFTER, copying material from XD cam memory to disk without -SONY clip browser-, avid or -sony clip browser- does not recognices the files, why is this happening now ? last year i had XD CAM material copied from several computers to others with just, copy paste, and nothing went wrong.. why now?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]