FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX SD card file structure problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Gurney
XDCAM EX SD card file structure problem
on Apr 18, 2012 at 8:45:54 am

I often freelance for the BBC regional news.

Their workflow consists of shooting on a PMW-500 (at 35 Mbps) onto SD cards via an SxS adapter.
After the shoot the SD card is inserted into a card reader and the shots appear on the FCP 7 log and transfer window. Their SD cards have a root file structure of /BPAV

When I work for them, I use a PMW-350, a Sony MEAD-SD01, and one of their SD cards. The problem is my shots don't appear in FCP's log and transfer window as the file structure is /PRIVATE/SONY/BPAV and FCP is looking for the BPAV file. I presume this file structure is being generated by the 350 when I format the card in the camera.

I know there are many ways of working round this, but I'm wondering if there's any way I can get the 350 to write the BPAV file to the root directory of the SD card so that I fit into the BBC's workflow more seamlessly.

Any ideas gratefully received...

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCAM EX SD card file structure problem
on Apr 20, 2012 at 2:41:54 am

SD cards and Memory Sticks can only be formatted with a /private directory. This can't be changed, unfortunately. I believe it's a media requirement that goes beyond what the camcorder is doing...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]