FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW320 lens barrel

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Fleming
PMW320 lens barrel
on Apr 12, 2012 at 9:46:49 pm

Recently took delivery of a PMW-320K with the kit Fujinon lens. I've run it through a bunch of tests and have a couple of very basic issues with the lens barrel as it relates to the configuration of the camera.

1) With the "turn and lock" style lens hood (as opposed to the slip on with a locking screw) it becomes impossible to take the lens hood off or put it on over ANY lens filters, protection or otherwise. You have to remove the filter, take the lens hood off and then reverse the order to put it on. That's ridiculous and seems like a design flaw. Am I seeing this wrong?

2) I have one of those "EZ Prompters" that slip on the end of the lens barrel. Well, due to the shorter than normal lens barrel and the bulky viewfinder, the prompter barely makes it onto the end of the lens before the viewfinder stops it. I had my tech look at it, and he thought he'd have to contact a local metal fabricator to make a custom extension for the viewfinder.

Neither problem is something I thought I would have with an out of the box professional camera. Any suggestions?

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]