FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tripod for Sony EX3/EX1R

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suko Bhakti
Tripod for Sony EX3/EX1R
on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:23:08 pm

Hey guys, can you please help me decide which tripod is better for the Sony EX3/EX1R? Sachtler 0475 FSB-6 Carbon-Fiber Tripod System or Cartoni F128 FocusHD Carbon Fiber Tripod System?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Tripod for Sony EX3/EX1R
on Apr 11, 2012 at 9:31:04 pm

I can't compare but I'm using the FSB6 with their carbon fiber legs with EX1 and I'm very happy with the handling.

Return to posts index

Jack Guthrey
on Apr 11, 2012 at 9:36:19 pm

I love them both. I prefer the way the legs work on the Sachtler but prefer the lock mechanism and locations on the Cartoni.

Return to posts index

Kent Beeson
on Apr 11, 2012 at 11:50:37 pm

Hi

I've used the Sachtler FSB-6T with EX1R and it works perfectly in terms of light weight and balanced - actually there's a couple of hours left on the ebay listing to save $ on my "good as new" one -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160778349221&ssPageName=...

Thanks

K
http://www.effective-video.com

Return to posts index

Suko Bhakti
on Apr 12, 2012 at 9:16:51 pm

alright guys, i appreciate the feedback, thanks.

Return to posts index

David Wheeler
on Apr 14, 2012 at 2:49:07 am

I don't have a Cartoni, but I've used the Sachtler FSB6 for both my EX3 and EX1R cameras. I love Sachtler quality, but have switched to a Libec tripod with a 100mm ball and much larger sticks. Libec is not the quality of Sachtler, to be sure, but I appreciate the larger quick release plate, the heftier sticks and much greater stability. If you plan to add a 15mm rod system or hang any additional weight on the tripod, you'll need something bigger than the FSB-6 IMO.

David Wheeler
EX1R; EX3; FCP 7; 17" MBP, MacPro Quad, Matrox MSO2,CS5
dave@marcombiz.com

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Apr 16, 2012 at 3:15:53 pm

Yes, it depends on what payload you will be using. I bought a Vinten Vision Blue and am pretty happy with it. The head is super smooth and has perfect balance. The legs are not heavy duty though.
I have a Vinten Vision 10 for heavier cameras and have been happy with it as well.

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]