FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 Zoom Controller

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Davis
EX3 Zoom Controller
on Apr 7, 2012 at 9:05:17 pm

Hi;
WE got an EX3 Jan 20 and are loving it. We looked at the F3 but did not think it was versatile enough to be our first professional HD camera (maybe later). I just did a concert shoot in the dark (except for the stage), and got put way out in the loge at the last minute. Slow steady zooms were not so steady, particularly as I got a feed to a wireless from the sound board (again at the last minute). I had to tape the receiver to the side of the rig. Kept hitting it reaching in the dark for the variable zoom rocker. Reviews on zoom controllers (B&H, Amazon, etc.,) are not conclusive. Is there one better for helping with slow zooms? Does a limiter dial help? Two with limiter dials are the Bebob and the larger Varizoom (Pro-EX). I can get the fixed low zoom to work at a 2 or 3 setting, but not real smooth. I am aware of the issue with most EX3 lenses with zoom at low speeds. I need a remote zoom solution for handheld on the rig anyway (Redrock rig, Ki Pro Mini, AB battery). Heavy enough to require two hands on the handles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]