FORUMS: list search recent posts

sony f3 diplay settings for SDI video out

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
heath franklin
sony f3 diplay settings for SDI video out
on Apr 3, 2012 at 4:34:51 pm

currently my display on my video out SDI channel show most of the display but not the histogram and a couple of others. it shows 90% of what i see on the LCD but i'd like to get all of the info on there as i can't see the LCD while using the camera handheld. also, i'd love to see the focus-assist on the video out. any chance of adding these things to the signal?

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: sony f3 diplay settings for SDI video out
on Apr 3, 2012 at 5:14:10 pm

Certainly it is possible if Sony would provide an EVF. I don't know why a histogram couldn't work on a 3rd party product but it just doesn't. As to exposure and focus-assist many of the EVF's have their own features like false color and peeking to assist you.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

heath franklin
on Apr 3, 2012 at 6:07:26 pm

after digging through the manual it is apparent that the display items that won't pass through video out are those that are assignable, i.e. those that you can assign to toggle on/off with various 'assign' buttons. these include 'lens info', 'histogram' and 'BRT display', three that i'd really like to see on my external monitor.

still, i'm hoping there is a way to get these display items to appear on my external monitor.

Return to posts index

Terry Davis
on Apr 7, 2012 at 9:15:40 pm

Flanders Scientific makes a line of monitors starting with a 7" for around 2K that has a bunch of displays, including RGB and Luma histograms. I believe they are generated internally in the monitor off the SDI feed out of the camera, so no limitations. Hope this helps.
Terry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]