FORUMS: list search recent posts

delete clips in XDCAM browser

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Probyn
delete clips in XDCAM browser
on Mar 31, 2012 at 6:52:06 am

Just doing a test.. Sony PMW500.. Mac book pro .. Iam unable to delete a clip in XDCAM browser.. straight from the card itself.. (from the HDD after down load I can)

You dont have a right to access the file or writing is prohibited for the file..

I dont necessarily need to delete.. but wonder why i cant anyway.. is this normal? I would need some other software.. I guess i could delete from the card in camera ofcourse.

Just curious .. basically I wouldnt delete files anyway

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: delete clips in XDCAM browser
on Apr 1, 2012 at 10:55:16 am

I think that it's just that the complete file on a card is inviolate, you can't interfere with it in any way, and you'd be unwise to try. Once the media is actually in your edit system as media, then of course you have complete control over it. If you don't want a clip then obviously you won't import it, but it can't be deleted (I think), other than from within the camera as you suggest.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Apr 1, 2012 at 8:17:56 pm

Thanks.. yes that seems to be the case.. not a problem really..

Return to posts index

David Wheeler
on Apr 1, 2012 at 11:25:23 pm

What version of XDCAM Browser are you using? In version 2.0 you can delete individual clips from the card before ingesting. Occasionally, I feel the need to do so before asking XDCAM Browser to copy the remaining clips to my computer, although as Michael suggests, it can be a little scary. I would never do so with client material, but if you highlight the clip and hit the delete icon on the Browser interface, you can delete one or more clips, as many as you have highlighted.

David Wheeler
EX1R; EX3; FCP 7; 17" MBP, MacPro Quad, Matrox MSO2,CS5
dave@marcombiz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]