FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing DV footage from SONY PMW-320 into final cut

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sivan Geyra
Importing DV footage from SONY PMW-320 into final cut
on Mar 30, 2012 at 3:43:24 pm

Just received some SD footage from a two camera shoot with PMW-320s, one camera had 4 audio lines and both cameras timecodes were synched.
Is there a way to properly import the files to Final Cut? since just moving them from the card gives me no timecodes and only 2 audio lines. plus the quality seems lower than i expected.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dean Longfield
Re: Importing DV footage from SONY PMW-320 into final cut
on Mar 30, 2012 at 10:01:58 pm

Do you have XDCAM Transfer? It's a free download from Sony. Use XDCAM Transfer to download your footage into FCP ready files. I have never shot SD with the PMW-320 but have shot many times in various HD settings.
XDCAM Transfer works great. (It makes files that can ONLY be used in FCP). Just drag and drop.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Apr 2, 2012 at 1:47:19 pm

XDCAM Transfer does not support SD, need to use the Log and Transfer extension or XDCAM Browser, these will convert to .mov. JFYI the .avi files can be brought into FCP but you'll get a 'media not optimized' message and some performance issues (no destructive media management on non-mov clips, for example)

Return to posts index

white yufeng
on Mar 22, 2013 at 1:21:29 am

What is the version of Final Cut? FCP X can natively render and edit SONY PMW-320 MXF.

Log and Transfer plugin can help you transcode and import the videos to FCP 5/6/7.

FCE doesn't support MXF format, you have to reformat it to a playable format, like AIC .mov, before importing.

Learn more:
Mac Mountain Lion 10.8: Can't import Canon MXF files to FCP 7/x

-----------------------------------------------

Camcorder Video Tips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]