FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX1r HDMI Output Port Loose

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Velez
Sony EX1r HDMI Output Port Loose
on Mar 19, 2012 at 7:41:20 pm

Hi. I recently plugged in an HDMI cable into my EX1r HDMI output port and connected the other end of the cable to a flat screen monitor that has an HDMI input. Image shows up on the monitor screen as it should. The problem is that once the HDMI cable where it is plugged into the EX1r moves even the slightest bit, it loses its connection and the image on the monitor screen goes blank. Is the EX1r's port this terrible on ever EX1r out there?? I have the cable plugged in all the way. Positive. And even then, it still feels like the port does not hold the HDMI plug very well because there is still a little bit of play within the port.

I confirmed that it is the HDMI port on my camera and not the input on the monitor screen. My workaround this problem is that I have to tape the HDMI cable in position to the body of the camera so that once the camera moves on a motorized crane head, the cable never moves within the HDMI port on the camera to prevent it from losing the image signal on the monitor screen. Is the HDMI port on the EX1r naturally like that?? I think its awful and such a hassle to have to use tape to rig it up so that I don't lose signal. Any suggestions as to what I can do about this annoying problem? Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
Re: Sony EX1r HDMI Output Port Loose
on Mar 21, 2012 at 1:38:12 pm

None of my six EX1r's have that problem. I have problems with the HDMI cables being fragile and breaking easily but not the ports themselves. It seems as you need a repair.

Return to posts index

Dave Morrison
Re: Sony EX1r HDMI Output Port Loose
on Mar 28, 2012 at 3:59:44 am

Have you tried other cables?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]