FORUMS: list search recent posts

Locked SD cards

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Schneider
Locked SD cards
on Mar 13, 2012 at 2:37:06 pm

I updated my 2 Ex1's firmware to 1.2, and everything worked fine for about 2 weeks. Now for some reason, the SD cards I've been using in the Hoodman adapters show they are locked/protected. I've tried 3 different cards, in 2 adapters, in 2 different EX1's all with the same result. On one try the card showed it was ready, then I pulled it out of the camera, popped it back in, and it showed it was locked again. The Sony SxS cards are working fine. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks!

Lee

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
Re: Locked SD cards
on Mar 13, 2012 at 4:36:23 pm

What brand are the SDHC cards? Could someone have locked them to protect the contents?

Bob

Return to posts index

Bala Chandran
on Mar 13, 2012 at 6:40:26 pm

Dumb question but are they physically locked? Easy to slide the lock while inserting in the adapter.

Return to posts index

Lee Schneider
on Mar 13, 2012 at 11:49:30 pm

No... they aren't locked. I've checked them and tried them with the slider in both positions. I have a Hoodman RAW card, and a couple of SanDisk Extreme Pro cards. It's REALLY odd that they worked fine for a short while after the firmware upgrade, and now they don't. Even more odd that I popped one in yesterday and it said it was ready, then when I ejected it & put it back in, it once again said it was locked.

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Mar 14, 2012 at 12:34:10 am

Can you try "updating" with the Others/Clip/Update menu? It's odd that both would do this. Have you tried other cards?

Bob

Return to posts index

Lee Schneider
on Mar 15, 2012 at 6:18:45 pm

Sorry for wasting everyones time, but thanks for the replies. Turns out I didn't do a good job of isolating the problem during my first tests, but when I did them again, I narrowed it down to one of the Hoodman card reader/adapters. One adapter works fine on both cameras with all SD cards, and the other adapter is no bueno. Thanks again for the replies!

Lee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]