FORUMS: list search recent posts

Undelete SD card - partial calamity suggestion please

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Palmos
Undelete SD card - partial calamity suggestion please
on Mar 3, 2012 at 12:03:45 am

Hello guys,
I was filming yesterday and while copying the PBAV folder from my 32gb SD card over to my HD, I realised I was copying to the wrong folder. I cancelled the copy, and selected the folder I had partially copied and pressed delete. A couple of seconds later I realised I had actually selected the CAMERA BPAV FOLDER!!! I cancelled copy immediately, pressed CTRL-Z, but some of the contents are gone.

Basically I think I have 98% of my video, but none of the time code! In the root of the BPAV folder the cueup.xml and mediapro.xml files are missing and I think that is the cause of my lack of time code?

Anyhow, I would LOVE to get the missing bits restored. I have tried some try and buy software but none have restored it so I get my time code back.

Any experience with this, I would love to sort it before my client comes on monday.

Thanks,
Mark.

Return to posts index

Bala Chandran
Re: Undelete SD card - partial calamity suggestion please
on Mar 3, 2012 at 6:07:30 pm

Have you tried this?
http://www.restorer2000.com/

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
Re: Undelete SD card - partial calamity suggestion please
on Mar 5, 2012 at 9:49:21 am

Hi Bala
Thanks for the response. I did not try that...

I tried about 8 different programmes, and one worked, it was called hetman uneraser. It was the only one that managed to get the crucial mediapro.xml file. Some managed to recover that file, but the contents were "gobbledigook". The real file has english script in it.

cheers,
Mark.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]