FORUMS: list search recent posts

To P or not to P that is the question

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric Thompson
To P or not to P that is the question
on Mar 2, 2012 at 6:51:28 pm

I've been shooting on both a Sony Ex-1 and Ex-3 for the last 2 years and have always shot 1080i thinking it would be the best resolution. However, when I edit in Final Cut Pro 7and export I get some interlacing. It's not too bad, however when I put the video in to my Adobe Encoder and convert it to an FLV file or even and H.264 I get some very noticeable interlacing. I just did a test shoot with 1080p to see how it compared. While I liked the results I got out of my encoder the viewfinder looked pretty funky while I was shooting which is not he case when I shoot 1080i. I don't know if I should switch to the P or stay interlaced. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks so much!
Eric

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: To P or not to P that is the question
on Mar 2, 2012 at 7:13:25 pm

Any good encoder will deinterlace if you set it to. The key part is that you must set it to do that. That said I almost always shoot progressive.

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
Re: To P or not to P that is the question
on Mar 5, 2012 at 9:51:11 am

Yep, I always shoot progressive as most the time my edits are going to be watched on a computer, not a TV, but it is safer to do progressive, unless your client specifically wants it interlaced.

Mark.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]