FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio question for ex

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim stamos
audio question for ex
on Mar 1, 2012 at 9:59:52 pm

shooting a small performance at a school, this is a very small stage in a classroom. i iwll be on a riser about 30ft away, they have no audio at all, just projecting. i want to hang a mic down in the middle of where they perform to get a somewhat better signal than the cam mike on my ex. the stage area is roughly 25-30 ft across. was thinking of hanging my sennheiser 835 mic down in the middle about 3ft down from lighting scaffolding, and will use my lectro wirless plug. will this get me much off them or should i use another mic instead?suggestions

Return to posts index

David Wheeler
Re: audio question for ex
on Mar 2, 2012 at 4:00:10 am

You didn't mention how many will be performing and whether they are stationary or moving around. The Sennheiser 835 is a cardiod mike which will help but it's directionality may be too selective with whoever is below the mike.

David Wheeler
EX1R; EX3; FCP 7; 17" MBP, MacPro Quad, Matrox MSO2,CS5
dave@marcombiz.com

Return to posts index

jim stamos
on Mar 2, 2012 at 5:32:12 am

there will be around 15-20 on at a time, sometimes just a few

Return to posts index

David Wheeler
on Mar 2, 2012 at 5:03:31 pm

Risers are really noisy and with the 835 overhead and aimed at the riser, I'm guessing you'll not be happy with the amount of noise and the amount of fall-off from those not underneath the mike. You may want to elevate the 835 on a mike stand in front of the stage. This may put the mike in the audience, but you'll get less stage noise and better coverage of the participants. A couple of sand bags and an anti shock mike holder will be helpful.

David Wheeler
EX1R; EX3; FCP 7; 17" MBP, MacPro Quad, Matrox MSO2,CS5
dave@marcombiz.com

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Mar 11, 2012 at 12:28:08 am

You did not say how many performers there are. I would put two matched mics on stands or you could hang them. Then you will have a stereo mix. People are used to seeing mic stands at live performances. True cardioid mics might not have the reach you need. Again, the number of performers is important.

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]