FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW-EX3 8-pin remote autobaud

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas Holub
PMW-EX3 8-pin remote autobaud
on Feb 28, 2012 at 9:18:14 pm

My company makes remote camera control systems and I'm writing the software now to control a PMW-EX3. I've got the protocol from Sony, but they have not been very helpful answering my questions. My problem is that the RS422 is coming out of the 8-pin remote connector at 562.5 kbaud and that is too fast. Sony tells me that it will communicate at slower speeds but I can't find out how from the documentation. This forum seems to be mostly end users, but can anybody point me to another forum or another person who is familiar with the technical guts of the remote interface?

Return to posts index

Carsten Boch
Re: PMW-EX3 8-pin remote autobaud
on Sep 7, 2012 at 10:42:09 pm

Hello Douglas

Any luck on the SONY protocol?
I am trying to extend the 8pin remote on my SONY camera, to fiber. But it is not possible to get a modem for 562.5kbaud so I am very interested to hear if you have had any luck on getting the speed down ?

Sincerely
Carsten Boch

Return to posts index

Carsten Boch
on Sep 7, 2012 at 10:42:58 pm

Hello Douglas

I am trying to extend the 8pin remote on my SONY camera, to fiber. But it is not possible to get a modem for 562.5kbaud so I am very interested to hear if you have had any luck on getting the speed down ?

Sincerely
Carsten Boch

Return to posts index

Carsten Boch
on Sep 7, 2012 at 10:51:14 pm

Hello Douglas

Sincerely
Carsten Boch

Return to posts index

Douglas Holub
on Sep 8, 2012 at 3:24:57 pm

As far as I could determine, there is no autobaud feature on the PMW-EX3. I ended up communicating at 562.5 kbaud.

Return to posts index

Carsten Boch
on Sep 8, 2012 at 3:31:02 pm

Hi Douglas thank you for your fast response, sorry for the triple reply. Have you found any converters fiber or ethernet that works in connection with the 8 pin?

Regards Carsten

Return to posts index

Daniel Rodriguez Marin
on Jan 11, 2013 at 10:57:09 pm

Hi Douglas, Im working on a wireless interface to control that camera, but I have not been able to get that protocol form sony. Could I get it from you? is it possible.

Im from Colombia, Thanx a lot

Return to posts index

Douglas Holub
on Jan 12, 2013 at 10:55:00 pm

I'd like to help, but I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement with Sony to get the protocol.

Return to posts index

Daniel Rodriguez Marin
on Jan 13, 2013 at 4:53:07 pm

ok I might sign a non-disclosure agreement with you. Douglas I just need some details like:
Speed of transmission
What kind of parity
how many bits for each data

Thats all, still you can't help me?

Return to posts index

Jacek Niewadzi
on Feb 12, 2016 at 10:11:07 am

Hi Douglas Holub

I was find your discusion about remoted Sony EX-3 by fiber optic. I constructing in Poland just naw the system. Let me know technical data about transmision RS 422 sony protocol. May be you have made the system by fiber optic? I was find conwerters yellowbrik but it are vey expencive for me, I looking for chip solutions. Can you advise me?

Return to posts index

zeng will
on Mar 7, 2016 at 8:54:41 am

hi Douglas can you tell me you remote mode and Product information。

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]