FORUMS: list search recent posts

Noise on Ex3 Shots

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Poole
Noise on Ex3 Shots
on Feb 25, 2012 at 7:46:22 pm

Hi all,

I am shooting with an EX3 using a Nikon 105mm macro via an adaptimax converter (am new to this camcorder and the adaptimax). Am getting a lot of noise in shots I have taken, as though using considerable amount of gain but the is turned off. Have bracketed shots 2 stops either side of what I think is optimal but all have noise. Have seen other shots with same setup on Vimeo and they are clean and crisp. Am recording to Ki Pro Mini (Apple Pro Res HQ).

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as I know the camera and lens are good and the operator is the problem!

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Noise on Ex3 Shots
on Feb 25, 2012 at 10:15:35 pm

What do you mean the gain is turned off. You can't turn it off, only to either high, medium or low (H, M & L) on the gain switch. The actual levels are set in the menu. Maybe the settings are too high. Most people set the low gain at -3 which should give no noise at all. Even 0 or 9 give me no noise either.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Tony Poole
Re: Noise on Ex3 Shots
on Feb 25, 2012 at 10:47:08 pm

Hi Michael,

thanks for the reply - guess I meant the gain was set to zero for the L setting. Will try this at -3 and see if it makes the noise go away, though if you can go to +9 with no problems not sure this is it......

Cheers
Tony

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]