FORUMS: list search recent posts

32GB SxS card empty but not recordable

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cynthia Lopez
32GB SxS card empty but not recordable
on Feb 18, 2012 at 12:40:43 am

I have a 32GB SxS card that I use in my EX1R, and have gone through many cycles of recording/exporting/deleting footage from it successfully.

I recently deleted the last batch of clips from the card. I use "All Clips Delete" The card should normally have about 110 recordable minutes when empty. But it shows only 9 recordable minutes. Just to test, I tried recording as long as it would go, and sure enough, I could only record for 9 minutes. Only a single, 9-minute clip shows up in the clip viewer.

I am at wits end trying to figure out what is taking up so much space on the card, especially after "all clips delete".

Is it possible that the card is somehow corrupted? Has anyone else experienced this - and solved the issue?

Thanks,

Cynthia

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: 32GB SxS card empty but not recordable
on Feb 18, 2012 at 12:51:59 am

There might be a way to lock certain clips against deletion. I've never used it so I can't swear to it but that's one thing that pops into mind. One way to make sure it's nothing else would be to try to format the card and see what happens.

Return to posts index

Cynthia Lopez
on Feb 18, 2012 at 7:08:37 pm

Thanks for your response, and good thought...I hadn't tried reformatting yet. Will do so now.

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on Feb 21, 2012 at 12:08:08 pm

I like to reformat the card after each project as a rule. I do All Clips Delete while on the same project but feel that reformatting is good.

Return to posts index

Cynthia Lopez
on Feb 21, 2012 at 10:36:00 pm

Formatting worked! Huge relief. Thanks for the suggestion. Good idea about reformatting after each project too, thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]