FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lectrosonic receiver to EX1r line level signal too low

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hal Beery
Lectrosonic receiver to EX1r line level signal too low
on Feb 12, 2012 at 5:35:14 am

RE: EX1r

UCR100 lectro receiver to line level input on either channel barely registers on monitor. Switching to mic level is ok. Does this matter?

Also related problem. These are new lectro radios (to me) so I'm wondering about this problem: I had to use a tram lav transmitted back to cam from a singer/accoustic guitar player and a second kit (with a sennheiser shotgun) on a second accoustic musician. Both channels seemed to overlaod when the musicians were increasing their volume. I've never had a problem like this with lectros in over 15yrs. What's the fix?
thanks for your feedback,
Hal

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
Re: Lectrosonic receiver to EX1r line level signal too low
on Feb 12, 2012 at 8:36:24 pm

Mic level is fine. You can go into the cam menu to set the audio input trim to match the receiver output.

Bob

Return to posts index

Hal Beery
on Feb 13, 2012 at 4:16:18 am

Thanks. I saw that in the menus, but channel one is not available for trim. What goes?

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Feb 13, 2012 at 4:58:59 am

Trim is not available if it's set to line level input (the switches by the XLR connections). Trim will also be unavailable if the mic channels are set to AUTO.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

David Wheeler
on Mar 9, 2012 at 3:44:40 am

Line level is an industry standard level for audio equipment like mixers and amplifiers. It's nice to have the line level capability on the EX1/EX3 cameras if you want to feed house audio to the camera from a distant mixer or amp over a low-Z microphone cord. You'll never get line level output from a microphone.

David Wheeler
EX1R; EX3; FCP 7; 17" MBP, MacPro Quad, Matrox MSO2,CS5
dave@marcombiz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]