FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM capture and then link footage?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Swetsky
XDCAM capture and then link footage?
on Feb 8, 2012 at 2:03:11 am

So I have dilemma. I am an AE and work on Avid, have both a mac and pc avid here to use. A month ago producers said they are sending me XDCAM discs, then they said they needed footage from these 20 discs loaded and grouped in a few days time. We rented one deck. So I explained it will take a while to retrieve files, store the files and then AMA-transcode them and then group them as we've been doing so far. They've been giving me hard drives with the files from the discs. We have the files stored in 3 places. Then they reuse the discs.

Well of course now a month later producers want the discs back of the ones I said I'm going to capture instead of pull files from so I can get them the quick turn around time of loading the footage and grouping it.

So my question is I captured XDCAM footage from the 1600 deck in deck/capture mode. If I want to now pull the files from the deck instead and give the discs back can I relink the "captured" material to the File access mode material? Or will I have to over-cut the material already used in my editor's cuts?

Thanks for any info.
-Shawn

Return to posts index

Shawn Swetsky
Re: XDCAM capture and then link footage?
on Feb 15, 2012 at 5:45:06 pm

No one knows?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]