FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encoding .mp4 to Quicktime with Adobe Media Encoder, What's the Best Quality?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Ferguson
Encoding .mp4 to Quicktime with Adobe Media Encoder, What's the Best Quality?
on Feb 1, 2012 at 2:09:43 am

I record footage with a Sony EX3. I am on Windows and use Adobe's Media Encoder. My client is on a Mac and needs the footage converted to Quicktime. What is the best settings to not loose any quality, stay at 1920 x 1080, and roughly keep the same file size?

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Encoding .mp4 to Quicktime with Adobe Media Encoder, What's the Best Quality?
on Feb 2, 2012 at 12:45:28 pm

Your Mac friend would love to receive a QT .mov file in the ProRes 422 HQ codec, that retains the HD quality but occupies far less drive space than other HD codecs. I do all my XDCAM editing in this codec.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: Encoding .mp4 to Quicktime with Adobe Media Encoder, What's the Best Quality?
on Feb 2, 2012 at 2:25:01 pm

I don't think it's possible to do ProRes on a Windows machine. If that's changed and I'm wrong, you will have made me a really happy guy by telling me how to do so. :) I worked on Mac at my last job and really liked ProRes, haven't found a suitable replacement on Windows.

Cf

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 2, 2012 at 3:58:26 pm

[Clint Fleckenstein] "I don't think it's possible to do ProRes on a Windows machine."

Telestream Episode Engine does this on Windows.
http://www.telestream.net/episode/episode-engine.htm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]