FORUMS: list search recent posts

Computer and Clip Browser stopped reading XDCAM EX1R

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trinity Stevens
Computer and Clip Browser stopped reading XDCAM EX1R
on Jan 25, 2012 at 7:20:41 am

I've been using this camera for months without issue and have been able to take it back and forth to different computers without issue. Saturday was the last time that I uploaded footage successfully. Yesterday, I returned from a shoot and plugged in my camera to transfer clips through the browser. The camera acted normally and asked me to execute the process of plugging USB. I execute and it shows USB Connecting... exactly as it should. But nothing pops up on my computer or clip browser. I've done the following: restarted my computer, switched out cables, switched out connections, switched computers, re-downloaded drivers, and plugged the cards directly into my computer and verified they are not corrupted. The camera still doesn't show up on the computer.... Has anyone else encountered this issue? Or maybe you have an idea to try that I haven't.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Computer and Clip Browser stopped reading XDCAM EX1R
on Jan 25, 2012 at 9:34:40 pm

You've switched computers but the camera still doesn't show up on the desktop as an attached device. The cards, however, do show up when you plug them in with what......a USB reader, I'm assuming?

Okay, with what you've tried it sounds like a camera issue. You need to verify that the USB port on the camera is actually hot (working). If it is then the next thing to do is go to the OTHERS menu and choose to RESET ALL. Be aware that all camera settings and preferences you've plugged into the camera will be lost, so it's in your best interests to copy the settings beforehand.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]