FORUMS: list search recent posts

SONY F35 CINEALTA conundrum.

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Williams
SONY F35 CINEALTA conundrum.
on Jan 17, 2012 at 5:56:54 pm

Hi all,
as you may have guessed I am new to this site and also, not well versed on the subject matter.

I buy and sell liquidated stock and have been offered a SONY F35 CINE ALTA for a reasonable price.

It comes with the following info: "
whilst it powers up and all functions are working ok, there is a stuck pixel (blue) 25% across, 20% down on the display and the assistant panel has a flattened face to its connector. They have stated costs to rectify of £160.00 to £240.00 for the stuck pixel and £460.00 to replace the connection in the assistant panel.

They also stated that the firmware version is a bit old (V1.11) and that if a user wanted to upgrade to V2.21 (the current version) the cost could be as much as £10k,"

Does this sound right? WHat could I expect to realise for such an item,as is and repaired?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Jason

Return to posts index

Jason Williams
Re: SONY F35 CINEALTA conundrum.
on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:29:32 am

The price I was quoted is £20k + VAT.

Can anyone tell me if that is a fair price?

Once again,thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Jason Williams
on Jan 21, 2012 at 7:12:24 pm

Anyone?

Sorry to press but, ANY info would be great.

Return to posts index

Chris Lambert
on Jan 22, 2012 at 1:08:32 pm

10k... doesn't sound fair at all! in the UK. they'll update my Ex3 as part of a service i think which costs maybe a couple of hundred (haven't done it yet) Wouldn't have thought it would be a different proceudure unless their replacing a board or something to a newer model. (in the ex's case there is a hidden usb port on the camera which allows the user to do it yourself though the procedure has some risk)

Return to posts index

Jason Williams
on Jan 22, 2012 at 2:37:36 pm

Thanks very much Chris, I appreciate your time.
Do you think £20k is too much to pay for this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]