FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3/PC/External Drive?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Robson
EX3/PC/External Drive?
on Jan 17, 2012 at 10:40:18 am

Hoping on a plane with an Sony EX3, my PC laptop, and an external hardrive on the 25th - the apple laptop is on another project and I only have my personal PC to download my media nightly. What will I need to do this with my computer - Sony drivers to download perhaps? Require suggestion to guide me through the process would be appreciated, want to be ready to go when Im there with no suprises.

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
Re: EX3/PC/External Drive?
on Jan 17, 2012 at 11:36:44 pm

You will need Sony's XDCAM Browser software to download and I think their driver for the EX as well. Make sure it says it is for the PC a there are two versions.

ronpesteshdvideo.com
Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro
Dell M6600
New convert to Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jan 18, 2012 at 7:37:31 pm

Not so Ron, I have neither on my MacBook and download all the time. I use the Transfer software for importing to my edit suite and Media 100.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
on Jan 18, 2012 at 8:02:56 pm

The problem is you can't get XDCAM Transfer for Windows. I also use it for my MBP but for a PC you must use Browser.

ronpesteshdvideo.com
Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro
Dell M6600
New convert to Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Jan 19, 2012 at 2:22:39 pm

Use Sony Clip Browser. Open the program, click on tool, edit, then under copy, select preform CRC and choose a target folder for the files. Then in the explorer window, right click a clip and select copy all (Ctrl+Shift+C).

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]