FORUMS: list search recent posts

recovering video footage from raw files of EX3 XDCAM

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vahees Selva
recovering video footage from raw files of EX3 XDCAM
on Jan 6, 2012 at 2:27:57 am

Hi Folks,

I really need some help in understanding the file formats that EX3 uses to save the video+audio after recording. Here is my situation. After recording an very important family video, the raw files (i.e) the entire BPAV folder was copied to a regular portable harddrive. unfortunately, the hard drive failed mechanically on me. However, i was able to recover the whole data content of the hard drive through a data recovery company paying big bucks...now the issues is the recovered files have lost the Sony propitiatory naming convention. Now I have files with names like data000001, data000002,etc.,

Is there any way i can re construct the same BPAv folder structure using the XML/text files that I can decode ? OR is there any way I can recover full or part of my video footage?

this is sooooo important to me.. please help and ANY help will be much appreciated...

thanks in advance.

-V

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: recovering video footage from raw files of EX3 XDCAM
on Jan 6, 2012 at 3:07:23 am

You can file import the .mp4 into ClipBrowser and it'll create new BPAV folders.
You can also import the .mp4 into XDCAM Transfer to wrap to .mov

Return to posts index

Vahees Selva
Re: recovering video footage from raw files of EX3 XDCAM
on Jan 6, 2012 at 11:34:26 pm

thanks Craig.
I played with some sample from the net on your suggestion too. It works.

I am going to try with the actual recovered file some time next week.The hitch is that during the recovery process, the file has lost the name+extension ( as far as windows is concerned it does not recognize it as mp4. But from my experimentation with sample file renaming, i think the file type and the core information on the file is actually contained within the file itself and since the same file recorded works with Mac makes me believe the extension is just an artificial attribute that windows uses to the end user. So i will have to just rename the file as foo.mp4 and make the ClipBrowser on windows filter that. Any thoughts on that?

fingers crossed. _/\_

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]