FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does anyone know where to purchase a SONY EX1 CAMERA?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Myers
Does anyone know where to purchase a SONY EX1 CAMERA?
on Dec 30, 2011 at 7:58:32 pm

I'm trying to locate sellers who have the Sony EX1 camera- i know the chances of finding a brand new one are slim- but if anyone knows of any reputable sellers or venues that i could check out- it would be alot of help. So far most of the info on the camera that i have found online is from outside of the United States. help?

Return to posts index

Alan Smith
Re: Does anyone know where to purchase a SONY EX1 CAMERA?
on Dec 30, 2011 at 8:37:55 pm

I bought mine from Armatos in New York. Dennis is a nice guy and took good care of me. http://www.armatosvideo.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 30, 2011 at 9:11:56 pm

I bought my EX1 from Armato's late 2007. They get a big thumbs up from me as well. They're local to me. They used to offer a loaner if your camera ever needed to go in for servicing for more than a couple of days too. Check to see if they still do that. That alone puts them ahead of the pack. Yes, Dennis is the man. Very much a Mom and Pop place.

Return to posts index

Ronnie Martin
on Dec 30, 2011 at 9:36:05 pm

Like the other two posts I also bought mine from Armatos and Dennis was my salesman. In the past 10 years or so I have bought all my camera from Dennis at Armatos. I have traded cameras many times with Dennis and he has always treated me fairly. Armatos is also an authorized Sony Service center. My first camera I bought from Dennis was a DSR 500 and on the first shoot it went down. This was on a weekend and I called Dennis and told him of the problem and that I needed my camera for a shoot in New Orleans on Tuesday of the next week. He sent me a new body over night and I got it on Monday morning in time for my trip to New Orleans. Ever since that time I have dealt only with Dennis at Armatos. Service after the sale is second to none.

Good Luck on finding the camera you need

Ronnie

Ronnie Martin
Kato Video Productions
http://www.dirtracingvideo.com
http://www.ramtv.tv

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on Jan 3, 2012 at 12:31:05 pm

I bought 6 from Bill Mintzer at Rule Boston Camera @ rule.com and have been very happy with their service and delivery. I do not know if they have them in stock. I noticed that B&H does not have them in stock which is highly unusual and says to me that they may be hard to get. I know that Sony delivery has been VERY slow since the Tsunami destroyed their plants.

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Jan 5, 2012 at 7:48:49 pm

Do you have to have an EX-1 or can you use the newer EX-1R?

B & H video and Armato's are my two choices for most of my purchases.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite