FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrade from EX-1 to F3 ?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Wilson
Upgrade from EX-1 to F3 ?
on Nov 27, 2011 at 9:34:21 pm

I've been using an EX-1 almost since they first starting shipping. I love it and I tend to do a lot of quick turn-around projects - local and regional TV spots, industrial training, stuff like that.

I'm thinking of adding an F3 to my production package and I'm wondering if anyone out there has experience on the visual difference between the two. I know I'll get a lot more DOF control and better low-light. So aside from DOF and low light capabilities, is there a discernible difference between the two?

I probably wouldn't be adding S-Log for quite some time and I would probably continue to just record to on-board SxS.

I would be keeping my EX-1 and using the F3 for projects that have a higher budget. So if you think current clients would notice the difference as well, that info would help.

Thanks for your opinions!

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: Upgrade from EX-1 to F3 ?
on Nov 29, 2011 at 5:14:25 am

If you're not doing S-Log, maybe you should consider the FS100. I own both and the only reason I went with the F3 was the S-Log option. I can't give you a lot of detail on the FS100 because I don't have one.

The F3 is noiseless at 18db. Quite amazing.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]