FORUMS: list search recent posts

omg!!! i renamed my bpav folder!!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luigi Cortez
omg!!! i renamed my bpav folder!!
on Nov 16, 2011 at 3:25:18 am

So i filmed a wedding and i only had sxs card so every time it got full i transferred them to my laptop i renamed them BPAV1 AND BPAV2 it was my first time using a ex1. Rookie mistake i know. So now that i tried to get my footage to FCP it does not allow me. Please help me out. Is there any hope for me.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: omg!!! i renamed my bpav folder!!
on Nov 16, 2011 at 5:20:39 am

This is an easy one to fix.
Create a "parent" folder for each BPAV and name them.
Once each BPAV is safely in their respective different parent folders you can then rename each BPAV back by getting rid of the extraneous number you added.
You should ALWAYS use ClipBrowser or XDCAMBrowser or ShotPut with CRC On to copy the BPAV from the card. Those programs will create parent folders, time stamp as the name for example.

Return to posts index

Luigi Cortez
on Nov 16, 2011 at 5:25:50 am

Thanks Craig. A couple of beginner questions though a parent folder is just a regular new folder? And once i switched them will they be able to open with Final Cut Pro. Thanks once again for replying i thought i was a goner.

Return to posts index

Bala Chandran
on Nov 18, 2011 at 3:18:31 am

Create a new folder by any name, for instance TAPE1, and move BPAV1 to that folder and rename it BPAV. Repeat for your other BPAV2 etc. All footage will be intact inside those folders.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]