FORUMS: list search recent posts

clip name recorded in image on external recorder

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Krall
clip name recorded in image on external recorder
on Nov 15, 2011 at 8:11:48 am

My Sony F3 has it's clip name (ascribed by the camera) displayed on the fold out display. Not really a bad thing but, I can't get it off the screen and it interferes with composing the picture. Worse, it gets burned into the image on my AJA Ki Pro Mini if I use the record button on the camera. It does not get recorded to the SxS card in the camera and it does not get recorded to the Mini if I use the record button on the Mini.

Don't mean to be unnecessarily redundant but, simply put...

Record button pushed on camera:
Clip number recorded on the image on the Ki Pro Mini.
Clip number not recorded on the image on SxS card.

Record button pushed on Ki Pro Mini:
Clip number not recorded on Mini.

I can't find anything in the menus to turn it off.
Yes, I could work this way but, still vexing. Do any of you know how to get rid of it completely?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: clip name recorded in image on external recorder
on Nov 16, 2011 at 5:24:37 am

If the F3 is like other EX cameras in the series, there is a menu selection that turns off the display out of the SDI. It's an option because some use SDI to go to a monitor in which others want to see the camera displayed information. There should also be a button that turns off the display on the camera's LCD. I haven't used the F3 but I suspect you'l find the details in the manual.

Return to posts index

Douglas Villalba
Re: clip name recorded in image on external recorder
on Nov 22, 2011 at 8:49:22 pm

I have my KiPro Mini connected to SDI A not the SDI out. That way it doesn't matter if you set display ON of the SDI HDMI the signal is still clean out of the dual port A.

Douglas Villalba

http://www.advertising-villa.com

info@dvtvproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]