FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you break up an XDCAM discs files to upload in smaller chunks?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Landie
Can you break up an XDCAM discs files to upload in smaller chunks?
on Nov 10, 2011 at 1:54:57 am

A client has requested we upload the contents of 2 shot XDCAM HD discs to an FTP site in Germany. We did a test upload of a zipped file that worked just fine, with a small file ≈ 450 MB. Now, I'm attempting to upload the actual media from the shoot, for each disc I created a zipped file that's over 9GB (only compressed down slightly from the just over 10GB original disc) and it's not working, I get a message "the file is too big" (in German....) So, one thought I had would be to perhaps divide the discs into smaller pieces, say 1 GB each, and zip those and send. Does anyone know if this would work? I guess I'd send at least the corresponding .MXF and .XML plus "Sub" .MXF files together for each clip. Not sure how to handle the DISCMETA, INDEX or MEDIAPRO.XML files, or if those are necessary when importing the media on the edit facility's system.
I've never attempted to break up or piece out anything from an XDCAM disc file structure, really have only copied them over to a hard drive and sent that. We're uploading in this case to save time and $. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]