FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with transfer EX1R

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea Marini
Problem with transfer EX1R
on Oct 30, 2011 at 10:46:24 pm

Hi,
we shoot 2 full xd cards with the EX1R. During the file transfer on mac of the second card we got an error message. Then we turned on and off the camera, tried again and half of the card was empty (the card before was full). Copying the folder on the hard disk gives us 1,78GB instead of 7,8gb (full card), showing all the files but half have the size of 0KB.

We also tried to import with xdcam transfer but gives an error. On the cam, the card now is unreadable.

Do you know what happened? Is there a way to rescue the lost data?

thanks
Andy

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Problem with transfer EX1R
on Oct 30, 2011 at 11:40:19 pm

[Andrea Marini] "2 full xd cards "

I'm not sure what you mean, SXS, SDHC?

[Andrea Marini] "During the file transfer on mac of the second card we got an error message."

Transferring how?
What error message?
The message would tell you something useful. That shouldn't be ignored.

[Andrea Marini] " Then we turned on and off the camera"

Why?
The error message might indicate a step to take. Turning the camera on and off may have created further damage. I really don't understand your workflow or the reasoning behind it.

[Andrea Marini] "We also tried to import with xdcam transfer but gives an error."

Sorry but I don't understand you're reasoning.
You should ALWAYS copy using ClipBrowser, XDCAM Browser, ShotPut, all of which can do CRC checking or the equivalent.

[Andrea Marini] "Do you know what happened?"

Not based on your description. Perhaps you didn't follow a properly secure workflow. Perhaps you used an SDHC card without testing it first.

[Andrea Marini] "Is there a way to rescue the lost data?"

It's hard to tell from your description. SXS might need Sony's help. SDHC might mean Aeroquartet's help or experimenting with data rescue utility.

I suspect turning on and off the camera may have caused further damage but I'm not sure why you would choose to do that in the first place except out of panic. That wouldn't be a practice I'd recommend for most error messages.

Can you read all the .mp4 files when the card is placed in a reader attached to the computer?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]