FORUMS: list search recent posts

SDI/HDMI Feed & Recording to Card

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Symonds
SDI/HDMI Feed & Recording to Card
on Oct 19, 2011 at 11:09:27 am

Hi all!

Quick question...I'm due to shoot at a lecture in the next couple of weeks and the client wants a feed from the camera to display on the projector during the lecture and also wants me to cut together a video of the lecture afterwards.

My worry is that the EX1R wont record to the cards if there is a feed running from the camera...is this true or will i be able to record to the cards in the camera as well as giving a live feed through the SDI or HDMI outs on the camera?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! And if you need any more info let me know!

Cheers

James

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: SDI/HDMI Feed & Recording to Card
on Oct 19, 2011 at 1:45:19 pm

The camera will always feed a live image, just load the camera with as much media as you can in both slots and format all the cards you will need before the event, then as one card is filled up carefully remove it after the red light turns to green and reload it with more media.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
on Oct 21, 2011 at 11:39:01 am

The camera will simultaneously output and record. The frame rate and resolution will be the same. ie 720p, 1080i. The bigger issue is the connectivity to the projector. Most projection systems in permanent installations do not accept SDI inputs. That is usually done through an optional card that simply is not present. Also, most do not accept HD resolutions unless very recently installed and even then only if it was a high capability installation. You may have to drive with component or even composite outputs through the AV breakout cables.

You most certainly want to resolve the projector connectivity and cabling issues first. Recording will be the easiest issue.

Jim Brown
M&M ProductionsUSA

Return to posts index

James Symonds
on Oct 21, 2011 at 12:19:28 pm

Thanks for your reply, really helpful

The client has said they have BNC ports at the location so hopefully SDI will work. HD output isnt a massive issue, they'll be happy with SD. If it is a problem, do you have any recommendations in terms of composite/component cables?

Thanks!

James

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
on Oct 21, 2011 at 7:46:06 pm

I would be very surprised if those BNC connections are not composite or at best component (rgb), In any event they will be standard def. You will need the interface cable which came with your camcorder. It will go to an rca connector which you will have to adapt to bnc. (Radio Shack). The cable which provides composite (Yellow RCA) and two audio is different from the one which provides component (RGB). If it is component you will need three of those rca to bnc adapters.

Another thing to consider is how you are getting audio. Is the presenter miked through a PA? Can you get a feed from the soundboard? Is that feed mike or line level. The EX1 can handle all of this. You will just need the right cables, connectors and settings.

Lots of luck to you.

Jim Brown
M&M ProductionsUSA

Return to posts index

James Symonds
on Oct 25, 2011 at 4:17:26 pm

Thanks very much for your help Jim!

We've got the composite cable that came with the camera but i can't seem to source the right RCA to BNC adapter....Have you got a link of the one i'm likely to need?

I've got 10m of BNC cable that I need to use to need to get a female RCA to female BNC connector...but cant find one! Any ideas appreciated!

Cheers, James

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Oct 25, 2011 at 4:22:55 pm

Here's link:

http://www.markertek.com/Connectors-Adapters/Video-Adapters/BNC-to-RCA-Adap...

JS

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
on Oct 25, 2011 at 4:51:26 pm

Markertek is a good link, but if you have a Radio Shack close by you will need the following:

BNC to Phono Adapter
Model: 278-254
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104082

This will connect from the cable coming from the camera. You will then need a BNC coupler to connect to your bnc cable.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062625

Just add the needed length of coax cable with bnc on each end and you should be good to go.

Regards

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]