FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing from Clip Browser to XDCam Transfer causes juddering

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Mitchell
Importing from Clip Browser to XDCam Transfer causes juddering
on Oct 10, 2011 at 3:58:08 pm

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I am trying to import a BPAV folder of clips (that I originally imported from the cards using Clip Browser) into XDCam Transfer - to edit in fcp. However, when I add the clips to XDCam Transfer they judder as if there is a slow shutter effect on them. The audio is fine. When I import the clips and XDCam Transfer creates .movs - the juddering remains and all the .movs have it. I have opened several of the MP4s in VLC and they are fine - no juddering.

Any ideas would be appreciated?
Thanks
Si

I am using Clip Browser 1.00 and XDCam Transfer 2.5.1 - I have never had any problem with either before.

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
Re: Importing from Clip Browser to XDCam Transfer causes juddering
on Oct 11, 2011 at 12:14:04 pm

It sounds like it is not an XDCam Transfer problem but rather a FCP problem. Is your FCP sequence the same settings as your clips? When you drag the clip into FCP it will ask you whether you want the clip to conform to your sequence. If you say yes the clip should play fine. If you have a different sequence setting you want to use it may not be compatible with your clip.

Return to posts index

Simon Mitchell
Re: Importing from Clip Browser to XDCam Transfer causes juddering
on Oct 12, 2011 at 12:48:33 pm

Hi Bob,

thanks for your response. It's not the sequence settings - or any of the AV settings - either in camera or on import. I trawled through everything I could think of before I posted to the list. It may be an FCP problem - but the problem forst shows in XDCam transfer before I even get into fcp, which makes me think it's something else. An update also is that a project that was previously running fine has started juddering too in fcp... it seems my affliction is retrogressive.
Ummmm.....?

Si

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]