FORUMS: list search recent posts

strange issue with Ex1 and media, media error cannot proceed

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Rangott
strange issue with Ex1 and media, media error cannot proceed
on Oct 10, 2011 at 5:22:13 am

Hi everyone,

Ive got a strange issue with one of our Ex1 cameras. Basically I can record to either of 2x8gb cards and view the footage on my mac with XDCAM transfer fine, however if I try to record review or even switch it to media to check the footage it will give me the "media error cannot proceed". In the media playback it will try to play the file but will just have a black screen and the red record led at the back under the viewfinder flashes red.

I did some tests. I first tried an all reset with no luck.
Second I recorded footage on the faulty camera and tested it in the other Ex1 and it played back fine.
Thirdly I recorded some footage in the good EX1 and got the same issue in the faulty EX1.

I had a quick look at the maintenance menu and couldnt see anything related to playback but to be honest im out of my depth in the maintenance menu anyway.

Anyone got some suggestions or is it likely to be a send off for repairs issue?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
Re: strange issue with Ex1 and media, media error cannot proceed
on Oct 11, 2011 at 5:13:56 pm

I have a couple of questions: Are you using SxS cards or SDHC cards? Did you you put the card back in the camera the footage was shot with? Did you get a media restore request? And if so did you restore it?

Return to posts index

Stephen Rangott
on Oct 12, 2011 at 12:29:15 am

Hey Bob,

I use SDHC in my camera but at work we only use the SxS cards.

I have seen the media restore request on a few occasions when I have an eject issue with my macbook pro but I havnt seen it with any of the 4 cards I've been testing with. I switched the cards around on both cameras and tested a few times on each to make sure one camera wasnt corrupting the files and it isnt. The files still work on the good ex1 and my macbook and it doesnt need a media restore.

Thanks,

Steve

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on Oct 12, 2011 at 12:18:53 pm

So are you putting the cards into the Express 34 slot on the Mac Book? Did you try hooking the camera up to the Mac using the USB port and do a direct transfer? Just a thought.

Return to posts index

Stephen Rangott
on Oct 12, 2011 at 1:10:04 pm

I only tested with the CF34 port on my mac since it worked fine I didnt see any reason to test further with the usb. Its only playback on the one ex1 that doesnt work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]