FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone know if Lion has better performance and is OK with clip browser?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Anyone know if Lion has better performance and is OK with clip browser?
on Oct 8, 2011 at 5:39:08 pm

My Mac has been running very slowly lately!

I am tempted to upgrade to Lion, but I'm a little concerned that this may actually slow my system up more!

More to the point, does FCP and Sony Clip Browser for EX1 work OK with Lion?

Kind regards,

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Kevin Patrick
Re: Anyone know if Lion has better performance and is OK with clip browser?
on Oct 10, 2011 at 2:17:55 pm

I run Lion 10.7.1 and both Sony's XDCAM Transfer and Browser. I've not encountered any issues with either of them.

While Apple does not recommend it, I have both FCP 7 and FCP X on my system. Again, no issues with either.

I'm not certain Lion will provide you with any performance improvements over Snow Leopard. I haven't noticed any. My suggestion is that you understand what you get (and loose) with Lion and determine if you need Lion.

As far as I understand, Lion is not needed for any of these applications.

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Oct 22, 2011 at 5:35:07 pm

Thanks. I'm still using FCP 6.0.6 and it looks like I have to have at least 7 to upgrade, so its a no go.

Been looking at Final Cut Pro X, looks good, but didn't get a very good review. I presume (as you have done with 7) I can keep FCP 6 on my system to open old files?

What do you think of FCP X?

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 22, 2011 at 6:24:49 pm

I'm not sure FCP6 will work with Lion, it's not officially supported, you could leave a Snow Leopard partition on your drive or install Lion on a separate drive to be sure.

I'm one of the few that like and use FCPX for my professional work. You have to bear in mind it's a version 1.0 piece of software and there is LOTS missing. If you can give us an idea of your workflows and the sort of work you do then that would help.

"My Name is Steve and I'm an FCPX user"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]