FORUMS: list search recent posts

Save Picture Profile

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
Save Picture Profile
on Oct 7, 2011 at 2:53:59 pm

I've looked through the manual, how can I save a picture profile from the EX3 to the SxS card to archive? I can do this on the F3, but can't seem to figure it out on the EX3.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Save Picture Profile
on Oct 7, 2011 at 3:23:51 pm

Others menu-->Camera Data-->Store/Recall. Only active when there's media in one of the slots. All PPs will be saved as one .suf file

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Oct 7, 2011 at 7:34:28 pm

.suf file can be archived, saved, emailed...then when ready, load onto sxs card in cam...then recall?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Oct 7, 2011 at 7:37:23 pm

yes, correct

Return to posts index

Kevin Patrick
on Oct 12, 2011 at 1:08:02 pm

I believe it has to be at the top level of the card's directory.

Also, a tip I got from watching an instructional DVD on the EX1R, is to no format the card after you've copied the the Picture Profile to the card. Formatting the card obviously deletes everything on the card. The suggestion was to use the Camera's Delete All Clips command. This will remove all the clips, but leave the Picture Profile in place. I copied my PP to all my cards.

(if this was obvious to you, or part of your workflow already, never mind)

Return to posts index

Kevin Patrick
on Oct 12, 2011 at 1:12:58 pm

I believe it has to be at the top level of the card's directory.

Also, a tip I got from watching an instructional DVD on the EX1R, is to no format the card after you've copied the the Picture Profile to the card. Formatting the card obviously deletes everything on the card. The suggestion was to use the Camera's Delete All Clips command. This will remove all the clips, but leave the Picture Profile in place. I copied my PP to all my cards.

(if this was obvious to you, or part of your workflow already, never mind)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]